Friday 19 November 2010

From sweaty mess to photo shoot


OK so after school drop off it was straight to Kettle Bells fitness class, which I do twice a week in a friends’ garden with a group of girlfriends.  Then next stop was over to the local Age Concern building with the fundraising proceeds we raised at a recent Christmas Fair event.  There we were to have photos taken for the local paper.  All sounds simple so far, right?  The only problem is that there is no time in between to get showered or changed and as you know from my previous post, I MUST dress everyday as if I will be on TV (or in the local paper of course). 

I had asked our trainer to give us a non-sweaty workout, but I guess that is a contradiction in terms.  I managed it this way; French Connection black treggings (trouser jeggings, stretchy enough to squat and lunge in) and workout top and trainers, with Belstaff boots and black Cashmere Joseph jumper to transform the look into photo shoot wear!  My full make-up only ran a little and if it looks OK from a distance I will post the photo when it comes out next week.

My message today is slot in some regular exercise  (don’t groan) for looking and feeling young and at your best.  The good news is you don’t have to go running for an hour. In fact another piece of good news is that long distance running is aging; gravity takes it’s toll on your face and you are not even burning fat, quite the opposite, it encourages your body to store fat.   You only need to do 20 minutes 3 times a week and the rest days are just as important as your workout days.  The more muscle tone you have the more calories you will be burning during those resting days - now that is good news.  If you can find a group of girlfriends to do it with, it doubles up as a social event, there are many times I attend my Kettle Bell sessions just to see my friends. 

That’s all for now, love me. xxx

1 comment:

  1. Tried to add myself as a follower of your Blog but it comes up with my daughters name, not mine!

    ReplyDelete